One of the main activities at Hidroener, Obras e Instalaciones, S.L. is to develop our photovoltaic solar park; our professionals are fully trained in executing each of the stages that make up a project of this type and which are:
- Selection of a suitable location: This is the first step in the process; we begin the project with the search for possible sites and conduct field studies to determine variables such as the: topography of the area, expected solar radiation, local infrastructure for the purchase of electricity, dimensions of the site, any existing rights over it, environmental conditions and current legislation surrounding it, among other aspects.
- Design and engineering of the plant: Following this, the Hidroener, Obras e Instalaciones, S.L. technical and engineering team design a project for the development of the plant itself; this will include designing the implementation of necessary facilities and writing up the necessary reports and budgets.
- Project management and development: This phase includes the administrative processing of the project, dealing with the different public administrations and ensuring the necessary permits for the photovoltaic power plant project.
- Connection to the grid: Requesting a connection point to feed the electricity generated by the new photovoltaic power plant to the main grid is another stage in the commissioning of a photovoltaic power plant. This connection point is awarded by energy distribution companies.
- Construction: Hidroener, Obras e Instalaciones, S.L. is a fully qualified construction company that can carry out all the construction work needed to get the plant up and running.
- Commissioning: Once the construction is finished, the Operation and Maintenance team is responsible for final testing which accredits the correct operation of the plant; it is then ready to start generating electricity, which is fed to the main grid.
Photovoltaic solar energy is becoming increasingly popular because, as well as being environmentally friendly, these plants are an uncomplicated, secure business investment, that are profitable and give high and attractive returns; in addition, resources that are currently not used can also be exploited, such as parking roofs or shelters.
At Hidroener, Obras e Instalaciones, S.L. we can help you take advantage of those resources that are considered unproductive; we carry out an in-depth study to find solutions that best suit your needs and can provide you with an energy supply that will result in a decrease of operating costs or, in the case the energy generated is fed into the grid, contribute to your electricity payments.
Self-consumption systems allow users to take advantage of the photovoltaic energy they have generated in their company or home. This section also considers photovoltaic systems that are not connected to the main grid, even though they are covered by a different legal framework since they are not liable for tolls or taxes.
Self-consumption systems have different typologies that are assigned according to the use that will be given to the energy produced, which can be consumed at the time of production, stored for later consumption or directly fed into the grid.
Under the heading of self-consumption, the most popular solutions are those whose installed capacity is less than 10 kW/h because they are exempt from payment of what is known as the sun tax.
Photovoltaic systems that are not connected to the grid are designed for consumption and/or storage of the energy produced, and can be hybridised with gas generators in the case energy consumption during the evening is very high.
Hidroener, Obras e Instalaciones, S.L. has technically and economically viable solutions to satisfy the needs of any customer interested in any of these cases.
Solar photovoltaic pumping involves water extraction pumps running on electricity generated by photovoltaic solar panels, they are usually used for pushing up water or irrigation they are especially indicated for agricultural and livestock applications.
This system is not connected to the electrical grid and works with solar energy or hybrid solar energy systems and auxiliary generators; it has a very low maintenance and is extremely profitable when compared to motor pumps driven exclusively by fossil fuels.
When designing a solar pump, we must pay special attention to the capacity of the irrigation network and schedules, if irrigation is required at night we need to include auxiliary generators and hybridise the system.
We categorise the solar pumping system into different types:
- Direct Solar Water Pumping: The extraction of water from a well or reservoir to irrigate crops or for animal drinking water
- Reservoir Solar Water Pumping: The partial extraction of water that accumulates in a reservoir or deposit; when the time comes to use it the process is finished off using “gravity”
- Solar Pumping in two stages: A pumping system extracts water from a reservoir and a second pumping system takes the water to the crops
- Direct Solar Water Pumping with Constant Pressure and Flow: These are systems developed to control of the amount and speed of water that reaches each plant. They usually have a small intermediate deposit.
- Self-consumption Photovoltaic systems:In large pump systems.
Hidroener, Obras e Instalaciones, S.L. can design and build any of these solutions, and we can guarantee satisfaction of even the most demanding customer.
The concept of energy efficiency is a very broad concept that covers many aspects.
Through its technicians and its network of external collaborators, Hidroener, Obras e Instalaciones, S.L., can help and provide solutions to clients with its two main services:
- Energy audits: Energy audits allows us to understand the current energy situation of an installation, analyse energy consumption and detect hot spots, locations where energy use is not efficient. This audit will help us identify the areas where energy use can be made more efficient, design measures to reduce consumption and plan an implementation strategy.
- Optimisation in the procurement of supplies: An electricity or gas supply is usually contracted without a prior study of the user’s real needs, and we pay for a wattage and contract that does not fit our needs. Hidroener, Obras e Instalaciones, S.L. can study a contracted tariff, compare it to the user’s real needs and offer different options to the customer so they can select a rate that best suits them.